DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2004-01 > 1075556522

From: Brian Randell <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] CHOPES
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:42:02 +0000

Hi Gary:

>Chopes is very much still in business. Here is their website:
>
>http://www.chopes.co.uk/history/chopes1898to1948.html
>
>I live in the US, but found Chopes by searching the internet. My ggg
>grandfather, Bryant Bartlett, owned 13 High street, before 1859. Did I miss
>a note on the list about a descendant of Chopes?

Thanks for posting this - I'll add a link from the Bideford page of
GENUKI/Devon.

More exactly, I'll provide a link to the page at
http://www.chopes.co.uk/history/index.html via which one can reach
not just the above page but also a number of others on the history of
this company up to the present day.

Cheers

Brian Randell
--
School of Computing Science, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE1 7RU, UK

This thread: