DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2004-01 > 1073167554

From: Gary Liddell <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] IGI Listings & Parish Records
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 08:05:54 +1000

At 06:48 PM 3/01/2004 +0800, you wrote:
>Can anyone inform me if there is a list of the Parishes, that have not
>been transcribed by the Latter Day Saints. I know there are many Parishes
>that are not listed in the IGI but is there an easy way of finding out
>which ones are not in the IGI? I am particularly interested in an area up
>to 15 miles around Newton Abbot. Can anyone help me!

Philip There is a list called the "Parish & Vital Records Listing" but it
is way out of date. The IGI is being updated every 24 - 48 hours on the
Internet, so this makes it a bit hard to have anything. The Book
"Phillimore's Atlas & Index to Parish Registers" also lists what parishes
are on the IGI BUT, this can be a bit deceiving as the dates given only
mean that there are SOME records for that parish during that time frame,
but it is a very good guide.
To my knowledge there isn't anything that is 100% accurate.

Devon has a very poor coverage on the IGI. Good luck with your research.

Gary, in sunny Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia

Home Page: http://liddell-genealogy.netfirms.com