DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2003-06 > 1056981902

From: "Deborah O'Brien" <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] MUDGE/STANMORE
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 10:07:05 -0400

Not strictly true, Wayne. There are Parish records, held either at the
Church or the Record Office. These are the originals from which the
information was taken and passed to the local Registrar and the General
Record Office. However, one cannot freely access these.
If you visit the Devon Record Office, it is possible to look at the films of
the registers, but you may not photocopy the register or print from the
film/fiche. The Devon RO is not allowed to sell fiche of marriages post 1837
either.
Regards
Deborah O'Brien
Devon OPC Co-Ordinator
http://www.cs.ncl.ac.uk/genuki/DEV/OPCproject.html
OPC for Meavy, Roborough, Sheepstor & Walkhampton
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~dob7/index.htm
DFHS 11261
CFHS 11655
researching YATES in WRY