DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2003-03 > 1049107296

From: "Anne Peat" <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Sojourners
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:41:36 +0100

It may have been different before civil registration, but sojourners were
not necessarily in the occupations you specify - masons and brickmakers. for
instance, also moved to near where they were working - perhaps for a year at
a time and their spouses, or the people they were intending to marry seem to
have gone with them.
Anne