DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2003-01 > 1042894296

From: "Iris Green" <>
Subject: Re: [DEV] Free BMD and errors
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 13:52:08 +0100

Carol, I transcribe for Freebmd as I know others on this list do - and we
are sent scans of the original documents witht very very strict orders NOT
to guess at anything we cannot read. Everything is double transcribed,
cross-checked, and a panel of experts get together to work out the things
that cannot be so easily read. If there are doubts, the thing often gets put
out twice, I think, in both possible versions.......so it really is a
mystery.......
Maybe the dates are the different birth and registration dates that have got
muddled??????
Iris
On the other hand I find LOADS of things "wrong" on IGI..........

This thread: