DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2003-01 > 1042893582

From: "Andrew FRANKS" <>
Subject: [DEV] Free BMD and errors
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 12:39:42 -0000

Has anyone noticed differences in the BMD database from the true birth cert entries?

My grandfather's birth is recorded as Sept 1895 when I know he was born 11th July 1895. He was not baptised in Sep 1895 either. He was baptised as a child of 2 or 3. They also have a marriage date for my ancestors which is out by 2 months.

I know they do say you should report errors.

Interested to know if anyone else has come accross many discrepancies and why this might be. Surely someone would not read July as Sept or Oct as Dec?

Hope someone can enlighten me.

Carol in Berkshire

This thread: