DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2002-11 > 1036966701

From: Elsie Person <>
Subject: [DEV] Strancge Coincidence.
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 14:18:21 -0800

To All

I read W. Holmes' Memorial Statement with interest as some of my ancestors
came from Exminster. (See below)

But an address stuck in my mind "63 High Street, Crediton".
I checked the Marriage Certificate of my Grandfather, Lewis Gilbert
CONIBEAR,
age 26 years, First Class Petty Officer, Royal Navy,
Addess "63 High Street, Credtion."

He married Ada Mary GRIBBLE on 7 November, 1895.

Came to Canada in 1900.

His son, Frank Ralph CONIBEAR, joined the Canadian Expeditionary Army.

Your family must have lived in the same house as my g grandfather. That's
is
almost unbelievable.

Sincerely

Elsie Person nee Conibear
DFHS 12775.
Victoria, BC
Canada

W. Holmes wrote:

> In Memory Of:
>
> Emmanuel GUSH, Fiemanm N.F.S.
> Who died 25 April, 1942, Age 47
> Son of Samuel and Charlotte Gush, Exminster, Devon;
> husband of May Gush, of 7 Wonford Road. Injured at Paris Street;
> died same day at 77 Heavitree Road.
> County Borough of Exeter Civilain War Dead
>
> William GUSH, Private 205072 8th Bn., Devonshire Rgiment
> who died on Thursday 4 OCtober, 1917, Age 35
> Son of samuel H., and charlotte Gush, Seton House,
> Exminster, DEvon; husband of Mary Thomas Dymond
> (formerly Gush), 0f 63, High St., Crediton, Devon
> Cemetery: Tyne cot Memorial Zonnebeke, West Vlaandern, Belgium
> Panel 48 to 40
>
> Wayne S. Holmes
> Texas, USA

This thread: