DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2001-12 > 1007676380

From: "doug fackrell" <>
Subject: Pressies for family historians
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:06:20 -0000

Hi listers,
With the Christmas season fast approaching, may I pass on the name of a
publisher that I have just come across?
Halsgrove publishing of Tiverton have a catalogue of West Country titles
which I would think would make great Christmas presents for anyone with an
interest in the region.
I have recently received a copy of "The Book of North Newton", Somerset and
found it excellent.
Pre Conquest to present day; people, places, trades, history, topography,
you name it, this book seems to cover it!
This books is A4, 160 pages and hardbound and very difficult to put down,
and good value at £19.95, esp. considering the vast amount of research that
has gone into it.
If the other titles are up to the same high standard, they will be equally
good value!
I have no connection with this company other than as a very satisfied
customer.
Regards,
Doug Fackrell
N. Kent, ENG.
Researching
FACKRELL, all spellings, all dates, all areas
CURGENVEN, CON.
TREBILCOCK, CON
GAGE, LONDON
CORDWELL, LONDON
WATHEN,THORNBURY & BRISTOL

Halsgrove Publishing, Media and Distribution:-
http://www.halsgrove.com
Tel; 01884 243242

Current Titles:

Devon