DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2001-07 > 0995620480

From: Eileen Game <>
Subject: RE: The past in ourselves
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 10:14:40 +0100

Hi all
Yesterday having occasion to stay off work -a rotten cold- I was sitting in
the sun and I heard a strange but familiar sound.
The 'Rag and Bone man' yes there he was calling out of the window of a van
as he drove slowly down my road!!

I don't think he was giving away goldfish and I suspect he was very
particular about what he would take.

It certainly took me back to my childhood as did Julie's letter and I am
only 55.

There is a series of School TV History programmes called "How we Used to
Live" It started with 1750's and they have shown the 1970's - yesterday is

Best Wishes
in Kent
Researching BATER in Devon

This email is confidential to the intended recipient(s) and represents the
views of the sender and not necessarily Bromley College of Further and
Higher Education, which accepts no related responsibility

This thread: