DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2001-07 > 0995587187

From: "Patricia Corney" <>
Subject: Re: The past in ourselves
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:59:47 -0400

I remember knife sharpeners coming around, also the Ice Man with his horse.
This was New York City in the 40's. Also the people who came to tar the
roofs, my sister and I used to steal a small piece and chew it like gum.
Probably most unhealthy today. But was great when your small.
Thank you all for sharing your memories of your life in England. I for one,
have always wondered what it was like. In some ways, not so much different
from mine here in the states.

Patricia Corney
Quakertown, PA USA
Granddaughter of Elsie Eliza A. BERRY, BHC-1909
Great Niece of Rose Lucy E. BERRY, BHC-1908
Friend of Cluny McPHERSON, BHC, 1903
IOWFHS #1334

---