DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2001-07 > 0995538388

From: "Eddie and Wendy Buchanan" <>
Subject: Re: The past in ourselves
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 19:26:28 +0900

Dear Mary
I have a CROCKER. Elizabeth Emma Kingwill married Frederick Crocker. She was
born in 1856 and died 1936. Her parents were John Mortimore Kingwill and
Elizabeth Mogridge Tozer.They opened a butcher shop in _ inner St.
Paignton. (I can't read the first letter) they had 8 children 6sons 2
daughters. 1 son died in infancy and 1 Sydney Francis was drowned aged about
3 in a water but. the shock of this made Elizabeth lose her speech which she
recove3red later when her husband John cut himself badly with a butcher's
cleaver. Their elder daughter was Elizabeth Emma. Hope this helps let me
know. Wendy Buchanan Japan