DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2001-05 > 0990916870

From: "Terry Leaman" <>
Subject: Re: Collaton St.Mary
Date: Sat, 26 May 2001 23:41:10 +0100

John, from what information I have it does appear to be part of Paignton
Parish- at least it is not a parish in its own right. Unfortunately
Genuki/Devon appears to be down at the moment -that would be the best place
to check. I'm not sure of the details but I think Paignton Parish graveyard
was closed fairly early and a new cemetery built at Colley End- is it
possible that the parish church yard being full and if a keen church member
there was room at Collaton. I Don't know for sure.
Terry Leaman
OPC (online Parish Clerk for Torquay) and DFHS representative on Devon-L
Torquay (ancient & modern) information or photos wanted.
Visit my web site at for information and photos
about Torquay and vicinity including index to 1861 census for St Mary
Church .
E-mail:- . Member of DFHS.