DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2001-03 > 0984697294

Subject: Re: DEVON-D Digest V01 #176
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 18:01:34 EST

This is in response to Jeff's post, the subject of which was the Crimean War
in the Mar 15 listing; I'm not sure I can shed any light on his interest, may
be just add to the confusion.My interest concerns the Buller family. My
great grandfathe, Louis GEOFFROY, of Huguenot extraction, was recruited in
the West Country, probably Devon, to be a land steward on the estates of the
BOND family in Co. Longford, Ireland The date is probably 1775ish. .The
connection we believe, was through the marriage of an Irish BOND woman to a
BULLER. Further, in the IGI records there is also an entry of the marriage
of a John Bond to a Etheldred Buller on oct 11 1742 in Illogan, Cornwall.
Does any of this make any sense to anyone? I know it is a long shot, but I
have been trying to climb over this brick wall of GEOFFROYs for longer than i
care to way and will go to any length. Thanks in advance for any info.

Charles Geoffroy
Portland, Oregon, usa

This thread: