DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2001-02 > 0982860883

From: Brian Randell <>
Subject: Re: Parish registers on microfiche
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:54:43 +0000

Hi:

Given one or two earlier messages on this topic, I'd meant to mention
in connection with my announcement this morning of the Devon Record
Office's new scheme for microfiche purchase that, given the DRO
Information Note had only just become available, it was hardly
surprising that the Devon FHS's journal, which must have gone to
press quite some time ago, had not provided much detail about
microfiche purchase. I'm sure that the DFHS web site will provide
information about the new DRO scheme very soon - to criticise the
DFHS journal's editor for not doing this is hardly fair.

Cheers

Brian Randell

PS I understand that the DFHS journal has a print run of over four
thousand copies, i.e. three or four times the size of the list of
DEVON-L subscribers - there's a challenge for us! :-)

--
Dept. of Computing Science, University of Newcastle, Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE1 7RU, UK

This thread: