DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2001-02 > 0982784587

From: "David Teague" <>
Subject: Parish registers on microfiche
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 19:43:07 -0000

The current issue of Devon Family Historian has a small item tucked away on an inside page to the effect that 'microfiche copies of parish registers are now available for sale directly from the DRO'. I've not heard about this and wonder how long this service has been in operation. It would seem to represent a dramatic change from any previous policy and, if so, would seem to be a most welcome development for anyone working at a distance from the County.
All the more surprising perhaps, that the only comment that the Family History Society can muster is that 'the Society are not handling them.' I would have expected a little more interest,explanation and comment on what would seem on the face of it to be a most significant development.

David Teague

This thread: