DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2000-04 > 0955710203

From: "Mandy Caunter" <>
Subject: Re: Pottinger, 1851-1881 Census
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 12:03:23 +0100

Please find below a copy of all the people on the 1881 census who gave their
place of birth as Colaton Raleigh I assume the James given as age 15 is
yours if you would like more information on any of them
(relationship/occupation) let me know.

Mandy CAUNTER

Dwelling: Fluxton
Census Place: Ottery St Mary, Devon, England
Source: FHL Film 1341515 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 2134 Folio 51 Page
22
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
William T. THOMAS M 59 M Ottery St Mary, Devon, England
W.Mary THOMAS M 50 F Bicton, Devon, England
W. THOMAS U 24 M Ottery St Mary
R. THOMAS U 22 M Ottery St Mary
Mary THOMAS U 19 F Ottery St Mary
Emeline THOMAS U 17 F Ottery St Mary
Ellen THOMAS U 10 F Ottery St Mary
Elizh. LATHROPE ((NORMAN)) U 25 F Ottery St Mary
Norman H. SALTER U 15 M Ottery St Mary
James W. POTTINGER U 15 M Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
John ASHFORD U 13 M Aylesbeare, Devon, England

Dwelling: Churchle
Census Place: Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Source: FHL Film 1341515 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 2137 Folio 86 Page
1
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Charles POTTINGER M 47 M Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Louisa POTTINGER M 50 F Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Louisa POTTINGER U 13 F Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Mary POTTINGER 10 F Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Ellen WAY M 18 F Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Ellen Louisa WAY 2 m F Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England

Dwelling: Stretchleys 1
Census Place: Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Source: FHL Film 1341515 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 2137 Folio 86 Page
2
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Emma SELLER U 56 F Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Martha POTTINGER 10 F Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England

Dwelling: Balsters 1
Census Place: Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Source: FHL Film 1341515 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 2137 Folio 92 Page
14
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Ann POTTINGER W 81 F Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England

Dwelling: 8 Union Road
Census Place: Exeter St Thomas The Apostle, Devon, England
Source: FHL Film 1341517 PRO Ref RG11 Piece 2145 Folio 34 Page
17
Marr Age Sex Birthplace
Walter POTTINGER M 40 M Colaton Raleigh, Devon, England
Mary A. POTTINGER M 40 F Ide, Devon, England
Charles POTTINGER U 16 M Ide, Devon, England
Maud M. POTTINGER 5 F Ide, Devon, England