DEVON-L Archives

Archiver > DEVON > 2000-02 > 0951602802

From: "Alicia Reade" <>
Subject: HOLMES in the BOER WAR
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2000 22:06:42 -0000

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a searchable database of people who fought in the Boer War? (ie those who were killed, taken prisoner, those who made it back, those who were injured..anything.....) I have been doing searches on the net but have not managed to come up with anything yet...........

I have a relative, ALBAN HOLMES who was born in Buckland Brewer, Devon in about 1879 who left England to go to the war and was apparently never heard of again. I would like to find out what happened to him.

Thank you

Alicia Reade
Doncaster, UK

PS My Holmes bred like rabbits all over the place - I have them born in Staffs, Lancs, Cheshire, Somerset and Devon, so please do contact me if you would like to swap info.........................

This thread: