DENMARK-L Archives

Archiver > DENMARK > 2011-10 > 1319485553

From: "Helle T. Hirschmann" <>
Subject: Re: [DK] Translations
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2011 21:45:53 +0200

Yes it is rural area.

If you try to translate the words as Danish to English you get no results
since the words are German:

Kniplerin is a girl or woman making lace. -in is a German fem ale ending.

Parzelen Besitzer is the owner of a piece of land or farm. Besitzer is the
German word for owner. Parzel is a part of a piece of land...

Hauerinst is a female expression for a wine farmer. Klüpelt is probably the

I asked my husband - he is Austrian.