DAMRON-L Archives

Archiver > DAMRON > 2002-01 > 1011314913

Subject: Re: Kate DAMRON b. abt 1857 Texas
Date: 17 Jan 2002 17:48:33 -0700

Surnames: DAMRON, DODGE, DONNELLY, HUBBARD, PETTY, TUCKWOOD
Classification: Census

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/rw/HMR.2ACIB/260.1.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

Hi Charles,
You are awesome! Thanks for eliminating M.W. DAMRON from my list. Wasn't his 1860 census page hard to read? I found a G.W. Dameron in the 1860 U.S. Census for Utah thanks to your message. Is this the family you mentioned?:

1860 U.S. Census, Utah, Utah County, Provo Valley, Pg 425, Lines 16-22 (see graphic file 1860_UT.gif).
G.W. DAMERON, 30, m, Tenn
Susan DAMERON, 25, f, Tenn
Cathe DAMERON, 4, f, Tex
Sarah S. DAMERON, 2, f, UT
Geo DAMERON, 5/12, m, UT
Cathe DAMERON, 58, f, Tenn
Josh W. DAMERON, 18, m, MO
(G.W. = George Washington, Cathe = Catherine?)

I have found the spellings of Dameron and Damron used indiscrminately. Does this depend on the Census takers familiarity with the spelling? Would appreciate any input.

Thanks, Charles

P.S. Just a thought... Beginning a message with Charles and ending with Charles is a little weird. I already talk to myself while doing research.

This thread: