CT-CENSUS-LOOKUP-L Archives

Archiver > CT-CENSUS-LOOKUP > 2003-07 > 1057546058

From: "Violet O. Guy" <>
Subject: [CT-CENSUS-LOOKUP] Benjamin C. Greene - 1870 Census
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2003 21:47:38 -0500

Would someone please look the household of Benjamin C. Greene & wife, Mary,
in the 1870 Voluntown, CT Census; and from same CT census, I need the
household of Charles A. Greene.

Benjamin C. Greene, s/o Benajah & Christobel (Crary) Greene, was born April
7, 1804 in Preston, CT -- the "C" is probaly for CRARY taking parents and
Preston, CT VRs into consideration. From Green(e) Family Records, our
Benjamin C. Green died in 1870, abt. 66 years

1) Ist wife, Nancy Ann (Peckham) Greene along with some of their children
are buried in the Green Cemetery, Griswold, CT, near Jewitt City, CT.

2) 2nd wife, wife Sarah N have sons, Charles A. Greene, over 21 years by
1870, and Alfred F. Greene, a minor in 1870; and a deceased daughter, Anna
Frances Greene, d/y, is buried in the Green Cemetery, Griswold, CT. There
were more children listed in the 1850 RI Census for this couple, some Nancy
A. Peckham 's and one of Sarah N _____'s.

3) possibly, a 3rd wife, which I have found via WorldConnect is Mary _______
; and I believe they had one or two daughters. They are reported to be
1870 CT Census.

Thank you for your help with these Greenes in 1870 CT Census, Voluntown.

Violet Moore Guy

07/06/2003

This thread: