CSGA-L Archives

Archiver > CSGA > 2003-05 > 1052615588

From: "Everett B. Ireland" <>
Subject: [CSGA] CSGA Board meeting at Paradise, CA
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 18:13:08 -0700

To all members:
I received this information regarding the excellent arrangements made
for the 28 June CSGA meeting in Paradise. Please let me and Barbara
Edkin know prior to 20 June if you plan to attend so I can advise our hosts.
Everett B. Ireland, 1st VP CSGA

The Paradise Genealogical Society is delighted to host the June 28, 2003
Quarterly meeting of the California State Genealogical Alliance. As
promised here are details regarding the meeting facilities, etc. I hope
this information will make everyone's visit to Paradise productive as
well as enjoyable. When you forward this email to the board members and
other meeting attendees, feel free to add whatever you deem necessary
regarding the meeting.

And could you please provide me with a head count by Friday, June 20?
The caterer must have this info for room setup, food service, etc. Thank
you. - CM

June 28, 2003 - CSGA Quarterly Meeting - Paradise, California

Meeting place: Paradise Ridge Chamber of Commerce banquet room, 5550
Skyway. A large paved parking lot is adjacent to the Chamber building.
The facilities are available 9am - 3pm. Morning coffee, juice, rolls,
etc. provided by PGS.

Lunch: Catered by the Spinning Wheel Restaurant next door. Order from 4
menu items:
1 - Chef's Salad w/ garlic toast
2 - Hamburger w/ french fries
3 - Chicken Breast Sandwich w/ cole slaw or potato salad
4 - Patti Melt w/ cole slaw or potato salad

Price: $6.95 - includes drink, tax and tip. Cash only - no credit cards
accepted. Since they do not provide separate checks, please try to have
the exact change, $7 dollars or at least nothing larger than a ten ($10)
as I will have to make change.

If you have special diet needs please tell the waitress when you order.
These folks are very accomodating.

Note: Pre-orders not required but we must have an approximate headcount
the week before the meeting.

Getting here:

>From Chico take the Skyway to Paradise. As you enter Paradise continue
past the first traffic signal (Neal Road) for about a 1/4 mile. The
Spinning Wheel Restaurant (5522 Skyway), then the Chamber of Commerce
(5550 Skyway) and then the parking lot are to the right.

To view a map, click on this link or cut and paste this link into your
browser's location bar: www.mapquest.com
and enter the address: 5550 Skyway, Paradise, CA, 95969-4962, US

Lodging:
Comfort Inn (Best Inn & Suites), 5475 Clark Road, (530) 876-0191
New! 3 floor complex, 62 rooms, on-site laundry, weight room, pool
Allows pets (hefty $100 deposit), restaurant nearby - $63-102

Lantern Motel, 5799 Wildwood Lane (off Skyway), (530) 877-5553
Has 16 rooms, single story complex; pool
Quiet location with restaurants in walking distance - $53-68

Paradise Inn, 5423 Skyway, (530) 877-2127
1-2 stories with 17 rooms; pool, pets (extra charge)
Cancellation fee imposed, restaurants walking distance - $45-79

Ponderosa Gardens Motel, 7010 Skyway, (530) 872-9094
48 rooms, single story complex; pool, pets (extra charge)
Quiet, secluded in pines, restaurants walking distance - $62-95

Other Paradise Lodging:
Paulson's Motel, corner Pentz and Bille, (530) 877-2379
8 rooms, $50-60

Skyway Lodge, 4758 Skyway, (530) 877-2105
16 rooms, $50-65

Wildwood Motel, 6390 Skyway, (530) 877-5346
6 rooms, $42-54

Bed and Breakfast:
Paradise Manor B&B, 5427 Clark Road, (530) 876-9686
4 rooms, $125-175

Note: Rooms rates shown are subject to change and do not include tax.

Food & Dining and other info: http://www.ontheridge.com/

PGS Library: Everyone is invited to visit our genealogical library at
5587 Scottwood Rd. Friday and/or Saturday. We will make special
arrangements for you if you'll let us know you're coming. A location map
can be found on the PGS Web site at http://www.pargenso.org/ Library
tel: 530-877-2330.

Any ?? or if I can be of further assistance please contact me. Tel:
530-873-6511. Email:

Looking forward to your visit,

Carllene Marek - Paradise GS

This thread: