CRISP-L Archives

Archiver > CRISP > 2011-11 > 1321410472

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [CRISP] Mahala Bryant Crisp
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 02:27:52 -0000

Author: JWGarrett65
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.crisp/1105.2.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

The Sarah Crisp you mention is Sarah Prock born abt 1782 NC. According to Mary Green papers Sarah Prock md a Crisp, most likely Chesley Crisp of 1810-1830 Burke NC (possibly his 3rd wife). Sarahs mother Sarah (DeHart) Prock is living near the elder Chesley Crisp.
The "Christy" Crisp you mention is actually Chesley Crisp b. 1805/1812 NC, the s/o Chesley Crisp of Burke NC and his possible 2nd wife Barbara Yates or his (3rd?) wife Sarah Prock. Thus Sarah Prock was mother or step-mother of younger Chesley Crisp b. 1805/1812 NC who md Mahala LNU b. abt 1816 NC. The last I see of young Chesley Crisp is in 1860 in 3rd Dist Unitia Blount Co., TN. He does not appear with wife Mahala in 1870, so I assume he died before 1870 in Blount County. I would like to know myself when and where he died and is buried. His wife Mahala in in Knox Co., TN in 1880 with daughter Margaret Sherrell. I do not know when or where she died.
"Ice" Crisp you make mention is Rice Crisp b. 1830 NC. He is the s/o Chesley Crisp and his (possibly 3rd) wife Sarah Prock, thus a brother or half brother of younger Chesley b. 1805/1812. Rice md twice; a Sarah and an Ellen Tuck. Rice died in Apr 1892 Blount TN buried Cloysd Creek Presbyterian Cem.

Since Chesley Crisp & wife Mahala had their 1st child James T Crisp b. 1836 Blount Co TN, I assume they md abt 1835 in Blount County. Mahalas parents had to be close by in 1835.

Important Note: