CRF-L Archives

Archiver > CRF > 1999-08 > 0935477054

From: Margy Miles <>
Subject: [CRF-L] Thank you Friends
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 01:44:14 -0500

Hi CRF Friends...
I wanted to say thank you to all of you for so many ewarm and loving
messages this evening. They mean a great deal to me. You are all just the
best bunch of friends anyone could have.

My thanks once again also to all of you who wrote to my Aunt Pat, or sent
her cards, and most of all for your prayers. She did indeed appreciate it,
she told me so and I even have a letter that she wrote to me telling me how
nice you all were. She named several of the states she got cards from. The
family and I want you to know that it was special to all of us. My Aunt Pat
loved life....she was a happy bubbley person, always laughing, and had she
not gotten sick in order to "meet" you all, she would have loved being part
of this group. She kept her faith and she kept going as best she could
until just a few days ago. This past week was the first time that she
finally said, "I am not going to make it."

She left very quietly today at home in her own bed with her Husband,
Mother, Sister and children gathered around, as well as other relatives and
friends. She's alright now.

I uploaded a snapshot on the CRF Friends page so you all can see her. She
would probably laugh real big while yelling at me about it because she
would probably say, "Why did you pick that one?!" But I like it because she
was always laughing.
CRF [Cumberland River Friends] Website;
<http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/6808/crf.html>;
Thank you again from Aunt Pat, Uncle Carlis (on this list - her
brother-in-law), myself and the whole family. God bless you.
Margy
Researching the 7th and 12th KY Volunteer Infantries

CRR...Down Home Website;
<http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/6808/>;
CRF [Cumberland River Friends] Website;
<http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Valley/6808/crf.html>;