CONNORS-L Archives

Archiver > CONNORS > 2012-02 > 1330184606

From: ,
Subject: [CONNORS] Kilbehenny, County Limerick, Ireland > Hornell,Steuben Co., NY, USA
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 15:43:26 -0000

Author: Perry_Streeter
Surnames: CARROLL, CONNORS, GORMAN, MAHONY
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.connors/524/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

At Hornell, Steuben County, New York, USA in 1868:

In matrimony were joined Daniel, son of Michael MAHONY and Margaret CARROLL, and Mary, daughter of Patrick CONNORS and Catherine GORMAN; witnessed by Dennis GORMAN and Eliza[beth] REGAN.

Daniel Mahony was more commonly known as Daniel MAHONEY and Mary Connors and her brothers were more commonly known as O'CONNOR.

Thanks to the website of Limerick Genealogy, an accredited IFHF (Irish Family History Foundation) County Genealogy Centre.

http://limerick.rootsireland.ie/

.I have recently discovered the origins of Daniel & Mary (CONNORS/O'CONNOR) MAHONEY/MAHONY in Kilbehenny Parish, County Limerick:

Daniel MAHONY was baptized in 1833 as the son of Michael MAHONY & Margaret CARROLL.

Patrick Connors and Catherine Gorman were married in 1836.

Kilbehenny lies in the southeast corner of County Limerick and borders the Counties of Cork and Tipperary.

In hopes of learning more about the MAHONY, CONNORS and GORMAN families of Kilbehenny, I have extracted all of the baptismal and marriage index records for these surnames. I have also purchased select records from the online index that I hoped would reveal more details about my family-some proved to be matches and others did not. I have compiled this information in a Microsoft Excel worksheet so that all the information can be filtered and sorted in various ways.

I have invested a significant number of Euros and hours in this project, but I will share a copy of my database in Excel, PDF or a browser-friendly format freely in exchange for any information that you may have on anyone who may descend from the CARROLL, CONNORS/O'CONNOR, GORMAN or MAHONEY/MAHONY of Kilbehenny (or neighboring parishes in the Counties of Cork and Tipperary) and/or Hornell.

Please contact me privately at to share your information and obtain a copy of my database.

Thanks for your help!

Perry

Perry Streeter ()
www.perry.streeter.com