CONATY-L Archives

Archiver > CONATY > 2009-08 > 1250013688

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [CONATY] Conaty's in New York
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 18:01:28 -0000

Author: gerxavier
Surnames: Conaty, Gormley (Gormly)
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.conaty/35.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Well, I do not know where Lavey is in Ireland. I do know that my Conaty's came from Ballyjamesduff, Cavan.
My Great Grandfather was/is Francis Conaty a shoemaker, married to Honora (Hannah) Gormley. Her father's name was Thomas Gormley. His father was James Conaty.
Ireland does not give mother's names on the birth certificate's. Darn the luck.
Who knows we could be related to one another.
My Grandmother was, Catherine Margaret, (Kate) Conaty. She married Jesse Holt, in Manhattan, N.Y.. My mother Mary Holt Flynn, married William Flynn.
Gerry Flynn

Important Note: