COATES-L Archives

Archiver > COATES > 2003-03 > 1047684614

From: "Linda J. Coate" <>
Subject: Re: [COATES-L] DNA update - new results
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:30:17 -0500

Most interesting. It had been theorized that that Henry was a brother to
Marmaduke, but he seemed to be a good 17 years younger or more.. now
we'll get to play with all the places he could fit.... and the matches we
don't have are very useful too because it disproves other connections that
I'd wondered about.

Charlotte, Here's my info on Marmaduke's line. You can include Henry as
his father or leave it off, whichever you prefer. That's a discussion I
can have via my homepage. Let me know if it needs tweeking or condensed.

"Contact: Linda J. Coate,
<mailto:> for further information
or exchanges.

Descendants of Marmaduke Coate of Hunterdon Co., NJ, Newberry Co., SC and
Miami Co., OH

* Marmaduke Coate (1738-Sep. 25, 1822), son of Henry, b, Hunterdon Co.,
NJ, d. Miami Co., OH, husband of Mary Jane Coppock (abt 1843-Jul 10, 1833),
d. of Moses William Coppock and Martha Lester. (Marmadukes children are
listed in Hinshaw, Union MM, Miami Co., OH Quaker records)
* Henry Coate (Aug 18, 1770-Nov 24, 1848), b. Newberry Co., SC?, d.
Miami Co., OH, married to Rebecca Willson (1792-Dec 28, 1827), b. Warren
Co., NJ, d. Miami Co., OH. (Henry is listed in his fathers will. See
references below. He is also listed as his son in Union MM, Miami Co., OH
Quaker records as related in Hinshaw)
* John Haskett Coate (Sep 24, 1825-Oct. 2, 1902), b. at Ludlow Falls,
Miami Co., OH, d. at Miami Co., OH, married to Jane Coppock (Oct. 1,
1829-Dec 4, 1914), b. in Ludlow Falls, Miami Co., OH, d. West Milton, Miami
Co., OH. (John H. is listed in his fathers will and as the son of Henry in
Hinshaw, Union MM, Miami Co., OH Quaker records) See reference section 2
below)
* Warren C. Coate (Aug 20, 1855-Sep 27, 1929), b. at Ludlow Falls,
Miami Co., OH, d. at West Milton, Miami Co., OH, married to Ida Jane Harb
(Feb 15, 1860-Sep 4 1926) b. at Van Wert, Miami Co., OH, d. at West Milton,
Miami Co., OH. (Warren is listed as the son of John H. in the 1860 Census
for Union Twp., Miami Co., OH. From here on forward I have first hand
knowledge of the family through my father who was the grandson of Warren
Coate and his living relatives.)
* Albert Pickering Coate (Oct. 12, 1886-Jun 2, 1941), b. at Ludlow
Falls, Miami Co., OH, d. at Middletown, Butler Co., OH, married to Maude
Stevens (May 14, 1892-Mar. 27, 1982) b. at Dayton, Montgomery Co., OH, d.
at Columbus, Franklin Co., OH