CHARLAND-L Archives

Archiver > CHARLAND > 2011-05 > 1306687829

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [CHARLAND] Joseph georges Charland m. Marie Hebert bef. 1885
Date: Sun, 29 May 2011 16:50:29 -0000

Author: sherbert_1
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.charland/72.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

HI Bob,
Thank you for answering my post! I appreciate the information you sent! I have made headway on my Charland family since I put up the post in 2000.

My husband Richard is a direct descendant of Marie Hebert's brother Joseph Hebert\Herbert and Mary Margaret Purcell through their son Francis Andrew Herbert. The family moved to Buffalo, NY in 1910 and changed the name to Herbert. In 2000, I was having problems with access to Canadian records, so I put up this query.

Joseph Georges Charland and Marie Hebert had 5 children. Joseph Patrice Charland was the oldest born on Sept 3, 1884 in Buckingham, QC. They had Marie Josephine b. Oct 23, 1886 Buckingham, QC d. bef 1891. Joseph-Emile b. March 3, 1888 Hull, Qc d. Jun 23, 1892 Hull, Qc, Joseph-Arthur Oscar b. Sept 12, 1889 Hull, Qc d. Apr 12, 1890 Hull, Qc then they had Joseph-Andrew (Paddy) b. Nov 30, 1891 d. Mar 25, 1942 Ottawa, Ont.

Joseph Patrice Charland married Roseanna Gravel at St. Jean Baptiste, Ottawa, Ont on April 27, 1903 not in Buckingham, !QC. They had 4 children before she died in 1908.

I had found Emile Charland by accident in the Canadian military records first and then confirmed it with the headstone record which listed his date of birth and it matched!

Do you know if Patrice Charland married again? There is a Maurice Charland b. 1917 d. 1970 buried in the Temiskaming Cemetery with him. I can't account for him.

Do you have a wedding date for Emile Charland and Estelle Perrin? I have not been able to find it.

We too have had trouble with finding which Aylmer cemetery the Charland's are buried in. It is possible they are in St Paul's but there is no headstone.

I know there are four Campbell children, Pierre Joseph, yourself (Robert), another son and a daughter.

If you would like to write back,and not in this public forum, my email address is . I have information on the Hebert line and the Thibault's going way back I am willing to share.

Again,
Thanks!
Sue Herbert

Important Note: