CHARLAND-L Archives

Archiver > CHARLAND > 2011-05 > 1305302237

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [CHARLAND] Joseph georges Charland m. Marie Hebert bef. 1885
Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 15:57:17 -0000

Author: campbrd1
Surnames: Hbert, Gravelle, Charland, Campbell
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.charland/72.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

Hello to you both.

Thanks for your post on Joseph George Charland. On my mom's side of the family Joseph George Charland (b. 12 May 1856- d. 16 May 1915) and Marie Hbert (b.08 Jan 1868) are my 2nd Great Grandparents. Their son and my 1st Great grandfather Joseph Patrice Charland (b.1885- I believe died in1939) married in 23 Oct 1883 Roseanna Gravelle (b. 02 Apr 1883- d. 22 Jun 1926) at glise St-Grgoire-de-Naziance at Buckingham, Quebec, Canada and they had a son Joseph Emile George Charland (b. 20 Sep 1905- d. 10 Sep 1970) who married Marie Louise Stella PERRIN (b.14 Feb 1906- d. 14 Mar 1981) and they were my Grand Parents. My mother their daughter was Marie Rita Irene CHARLAND (b. 09 Nov 1931-d. 21 Jul 2004) who married on 24 Nov 1951 at North Bay's St. Rita's church Donald Joseph CAMPBELL (b. 29 Apr 1931-d. 25 Jun 2004).

My mom's brothers and sisters are Roland-Amidie-Germain, Jean, Eva, Lona, Patricia, George-Joseph, Marie-Therese, John and Emile.

With respect to Joseph George Charland I found his death certificate (record 010C47) and his death was associated to Endocarditis is an inflammation of the inner layer of the heart, the endocardium, it usually involves the heart valves. . He died 16 May 1915 in Carleton Ontario at the age of 59. The informant on the death certificate was J.A Charland address was given as 59 Duke Street, J.A Charland I assume is Joseph Andrew Charland. They subsequently had his funeral at Paroise St. Jean Baptiste on the 19 of May 1915 and the church record indicates he was buried in Aylmer, Quebec. Witness signatures in the church record were that of his son Patrick Charland and Patrick's father in-law Leon Gravelle.

Trying to find where my 2nd Great grandfather is buried in Aylmer is a chore, I already searched the Bellevue Cemetery on the Aylmer Road but he is not buried there. I checked the list of people buried at St. Paul's Cemetery and he is not buried there. Presently I'm researching whether there was another Roman Catholic Cemetery for the French in Aylmer at the time.

If you have any information you can fill in it would be much appreciated meanwhile I hope this information I provide helps you out some in your own family research.

Regards...Bob

Important Note: