CARTER-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > CARTER-DNA > 2011-08 > 1312505516

From: "Isabel M. Carter" <>
Subject: Re: [CARTER-DNA] web re-design suggestions
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 20:51:56 -0400

I think the DNA donor should be listed for each submission, as well as the
sponsor/contact person. I have paid for a number of different DNA surname
tests, and am the contact person in almost every case. Sometimes the results
were a match to my family tree, and sometimes not.

In a couple of cases, both the donor and I are the contact people. If you
list only the contact person, and not the donor, it can be confusing. The
name of the donor helps keeps the samples straight without memorizing a lot
of kit numbers. The men I have recruited have not minded that their names
were attached to their donations, and were glad to help.

Isabel Carter