CARTER-DNA-L Archives

Archiver > CARTER-DNA > 2011-08 > 1312391917

From: Holly Carter Dunlap Georgia <>
Subject: [CARTER-DNA] web re-design suggestions
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 13:18:37 -0400

I have some web re-design suggestions. Since we are in the process of discussing the re-design of Carter-World, I think this would be as good a time as any to toss them into the wind to see what flies.

In reviewing the Carter-Cousins.org wegsite, I see that Vickie has setup the following columns on the Test Results page:

- Kit #
- Earliest Ancestor
- Haplogroup
- # of Markers Matched
- Date & Places

I'm sure other people have other ideas but here are my suggestions.

1) Get rid of that # of Markers Matched column. It is confusing. It raises the question; matched to what? I think it is meaningless and misleading.

2) I think Earliest Ancestor and Dates & Places should be combined. Both serve the same identification purpose. This field may need to be expanded to include brief notes in some cases.

3) I would add a column right on the Test Results Page for the Names(s)/email addresse(s) of the Researcher(s)/Kit Sponsors(s) to be identified. Of course, this information would be voluntary.