CARROLL-L Archives

Archiver > CARROLL > 2004-11 > 1099408189

Subject: Re: James Allen Carroll/Lucinda Balch
Date: 2 Nov 2004 08:09:49 -0700

Surnames: Balch, Greer, Vance, Blackmore, Carroll, Spain, Vickers, Chatterton, Douglas, Nottingham
Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/1hH.2ACEB/4143.2.1

Message Board Post:

Hi - Yes you do have my gg grandparents James Allen Carroll/Lucinda Balch! I have pictures of Lucinda, Sam Balch Carroll and family, Mary Louella Carroll and Ruth Allen Carroll, my great grandmother. There is another sibling, Zuma Katie...I also have a picture of her. I have tons of info about the Balches, but very little about the Carroll line prior to James Allen. I would appreciate any info you would like to share.

btw...made a mistake about Lucinda's grandfather. He was Hezekiah Benjamin Balch, not Hezekiah James Balch. Both men were first cousins and both graduated from Princeton University ten years apart...1776 and 1766. Both men were Presbyterian ministers in TN and NC. Hezekiah Benjamin was the founder of Tusculum College in Greeneville, TN and involved in the creation of the Lost State of Franklin. He was the grandfather of two soldiers who served with Sam Houston at the Battle of San Jacinto. Hezekiah James was a signer of the Mecklenburg Declaration and died in 1776. Both descended from the Maryland Balches...originally from Bridgwater, Somerset, England.

Whew...the Balches were confusing. Hope the Carrolls are not as...lol!

Kathleen

This thread: