CARNEY-L Archives

Archiver > CARNEY > 2009-11 > 1257525934

From: Barb Barney <>
Subject: Re: [CARNEY] Carney/Dwyer
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 08:45:34 -0800 (PST)

Dear Mary Jo;

My name is Barbara Barney and I think you are related to my husband, Edward Barney.  His mother was a Carney and that is our brick wall.

What we have is this:

Mother:  Patricia Ann Carney b 1936  CA d 15 Jun 1993 CA

Parents:  Edward Whittier Carney b 1890 ND d 20 May 1947  WA
              Gladys Blanche Falconer b 1902  IL d 1983 WA
     Siblings:  John H, Thomas, Frank, William, James, Margaret J, Dan

GParents:  Patrick Carney b abt 1835 OH or NY d 1922 ND
                 Amanda J Goodale b bet 1845 and 1847 d abt 1904 ND

Family history says that Patrick was involved with the development of Chicago. We can't seem to find any additional information about Patrick, ie who his parents were, when they immigrated to the US, etc. We have found some info in the census records, but nothing on Patrick's  or Amanda's parents.  If you have any more information on this family, we would love to hear from you!

TIA

Ed & Barb Barney