Archiver > CAN-ONTARIO-IRISH > 2009-04 > 1238801882

From: Ann Pilon <>
Subject: [ONTARIO-IRISH] Dixon family Cootehill - 1840's Ontario 1870's
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 19:38:02 -0400

I am asking for help in trying to figure out the parents of my 3x great grandfather Benjamin Dixon b. 1842 in Cootehill Co. Cavan. I have found this information from birth certificates of his children and his death certificate in Middlesex County, Ontario Canada. He married Frances Lawson of London Ontario but I have not been able to locate a marriage certificate. I know of children from 1870 so would assume marriage 1868 - 1870.

>From a birth certificate of a son - it states that Benjamin Dixon was born in Cootehill Co. Cavan Ireland on Aug. 26, 1842. From Benjamin's death certificate it states that his father's name was James Dixon. There was a blank for his mother's name.

I have some information from the time he arrived in Canada (1863), but I would love to find his mother's name and if he had any siblings.

I would be grateful for any help.

Experience all of the new features, and Reconnect with your life.

This thread: