CAN-ONT-FRONTENAC-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-ONT-FRONTENAC > 2010-12 > 1291823840

From: "Shelley Cardiel" <>
Subject: [CAN-ONT-FRONTENAC] WHEELER Family Photograph
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 07:57:58 -0800

I've "rescued" an old photograph of Coleman H. WHEELER which was taken at
the Aune Studio in Portland, Oregon. The photograph appears to have been
taken in the 1890's or early 1900's with Coleman just an infant at the time.
Based on limited research I was able to locate the following information
regarding Coleman and his family:

Coleman Hawley or Holly WHEELER was b. 14 Nov 1897 to parents Coleman Hawley
or Holly WHEELER (b. in Bellrock, Ontario, Canada) and Cora Edith BRYANT (b.
19 Mar 1872 in Wingville, OR). Coleman married Virginia TEVIS (b. 17 Jun
1900 in Lake Charles, LA) on 4 Oct 1921 in Multnomah Co. OR. The couple had
at least two children, Coleman Hawley and Samuel C. WHEELER both born in
Oregon in 1923 and 1928 respectively. Coleman married a second time in 1946
to Cornelia Nile TEVIS (b. 8 Feb 1898 in TX) in Multnomah Co. Oregon.
Coleman died in Portland, OR in Oct 1973.

Census records provide the following information:

1900 census of Portland, OR:

Coleman H. WHEELER, age 35, born Oct 1864, married 3 years, born Canada,
parents born NY/Canada, to USA 1885, a Lumber Dealer
Cora E. WHEELER, wife, age 28, born Mar 1872, married 3 years, 1 child/1
living, born OR, parents born NY/PA
Coleman H. WHEELER Jr., son, age 2, born Nov 1897, born CA

1910 census of Portland, OR:

Coleman H. WHEELER, age 46, married 13 years, born Canada, parents born
USA/Canada, Timber & Lumber Dealer
Cora E. WHEELER, wife, age 38, married 13 years, 5 children/3 living, born
OR, parents born IN/IA
Coleman H. WHEELER, son, age 12, born CA
Joe WHEELER, son, age 7, born OR
Marguerite M. WHEELER, dau, age 6, born OR

1920 census of Portland, OR:

Colman H. WHEELER, age 55, to USA 1884, born Canada, parents born PA/Canada,
a Lumber Co. Manager
Cora E. WHEELER, wife, age 47, born OR, parents born IN/PA
Colman H. WHEELER, son, age 22, born CA
Joe B. WHEELER, son, age 17, born OR
Marguerite WHEELER, dau, age 15, born OR
+ 1 Servant

I am hoping to locate someone from this WHEELER Family so that the
photograph can be returned to the care of family. If you are a member of
this family, or you know someone who might be, please contact me.

Thanks,
Shelley

This thread: