CAN-ONT-FRONTENAC-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-ONT-FRONTENAC > 2008-08 > 1218235905

From: "P Blake" <>
Subject: Re: [CAN-ONT-FRONTENAC] Land Crown Grantees/Patent Holders from1797(George GRAVES)
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2008 22:51:56 +0000

Hi Jill: I don't know about the index, however, land titles can be searched
for a nominal fee at the Land Registry Office in Kingston. It sits across
from MacDonald Park on the north side (the south side of the park is on the
lake so it's easy to find), beside the County Courthouse (it's a small stone
building that looks like it might have been a jailhouse a century or so
ago). I don't remember the street name but it is probably Court Street or
something obvious like that. Anyway, they are open Mon-Fri and you can just
walk in. I would not recommend going near the end of the month though
because last time I did that the place was crowded (closures on home offers,
I think) and they don't have time to show you things when that busy.

Pat