CAN-ON-LENNOX-ADDINGTON-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-ON-LENNOX-ADDINGTON > 2011-05 > 1306344519

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [CAN-ON-LENNOX-ADDINGTON] Michael Richardson
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 17:28:39 -0000

Author: NoraMcL
Surnames: Richardson, Atkinson
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.canada.ontario.lennoxaddington/2553.1.2.1.1.1.1.1.1.2.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I already had an Albert Richardson in my files- his death record said he was born at Newburgh and his wife was Martha Jane Dafoe who was the SISTER to John Todd Dafoe who was married to (Jacob Albert Richardson's) sister Elizabeth Jane Richardson. I have many instances where brothers and sisters in one family marry sisters and brothers in same (other) family.

So I looked for children born to Albert and Martha Jane and sure enough some of the birth records say name of father was Jacob Albert Richardson. What is really odd is sometimes he went by names Albert Seymour Richardson- wonder why?- unless whoever recorded his given names on those old documents did so in error. Who knows.

Jacob died Jan. 27, 1890 at Kaladar. That is same place where John Todd Dafoe and his wife Elizabeth Jane Richardson were living.

Jacob's widow Martha Jane re-married to Samuel Dyer on April 28, 1891 in Frontenac County. I have found names of (six) children so far for Jacob and Martha Jane although I suspect one of the daughters went by two totally different names, and therefore I have her recorded twice.

I will send you the file I have so far on Michael Richardson's family Donna, do I have your current e address or you have mine? (Don't post e addresses here, write to me offline).

Nora

Important Note: