CAN-ON-LENNOX-ADDINGTON-L Archives

Archiver > CAN-ON-LENNOX-ADDINGTON > 2011-05 > 1306270445

From: ,
Subject: Re: [CAN-ON-LENNOX-ADDINGTON] Michael Richardson
Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 20:54:05 -0000

Author: NoraMcL
Surnames: Richardson, Atkinson
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/localities.northam.canada.ontario.lennoxaddington/2553.1.2.1.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

The 1871 census at Newburgh DOES say that Michael was a widower. Also if you look at the last couple of pages for same census it lists deaths with past 12 months and there are these three:

Ann Richardson age 40 years died in month of June of dropsy
Wesley Richardson age 7 years died in month of June of heart disease
Henry Richardson age 3 months died in July of Unknown

I am positive this is Rachel "Ann" wife of Michael Richardson, and we know this is the youngest boy Henry Richardson, but who is Wesley? was he another of their sons? I can't find birth records for their kids, and speculate there may have been other children between daughter "Cassey A." born 1859 and Henry born 1870- do you have info about any other children for Michael and Rachel?

My guess is that with Rachel dead in 1870, the other older children were farmed out with friends and relatives. I haven't gone looking for them yet. I think there is a Thomas Richardson living with Michael on one of the other census's in Victoria District...was this his son I wonder?

Nora

Important Note: