CAMPBELL-L Archives

Archiver > CAMPBELL > 2005-07 > 1121736572

From: "Margie Campbell" <>
Subject: RE: [CAMPBELL] Re: Campbell Family in Alabama
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 18:29:32 -0700

Oh yeah... Rub it in! Just kidding.. No, we don't have parent's for Ellis
Campbell b 1804 in VA.. Sure wish we did.

What I posted is the earliest we have any documented knowledge of Ellis
Campbell.
There is an Ellis Campbell on the 1830 Lincoln co TN (Middle TN) census who
is right age.. Wife is close... But they show 3 daughters who don't show
later.

We don't know if same Ellis or not, but are not discounting the fact that he
is in the correct general area to be our fellah.

In 1830 the census shows two girls under 5 and one bet 5-9. Ellis in 1830
census shows as between 20-29, so does his spouse.

If you have access to the census online at Ancestry the info is at:

Information Census Image What to do next?

Name: Campbell, Ellis
Township: Not Stated
County: Lincoln
State: Tennessee
Year: 1830
Roll: 177
Page: 274

Marge

PS... We have a grandson of Ellis who is willing to do the dna genealogy
test. This is a much closer match than my son would be.
We have decided to take up a collection at the reunion (it's in MO, and not
the one we usually attend...long story), and what ever we still need, me and
this person will split for the 25 marker test. Will be at end of Sept.

Marge