CALVIN-L Archives

Archiver > CALVIN > 2010-05 > 1273795571

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [CALVIN] Help please
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 00:06:11 -0000

Author: dajada3
Surnames: Calvin
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.calvin/300.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I'm not connected to your Calvins but I did a little research and it looks to me like John A. Calvin and Agnus were the grandparents of Francis George Calvin, not the parents.

World War I Draft Registration Cards 1917-1918 [Ancestry]:
John Arthur Calvin, residence Rosebud, Rosebud Co., MT. Born 10 Apr 1888 Billings, MT. Had a wife and child. [Very bad image - couldn't determine anything else.]

On the web: All-In=One Tree of Adam Strelaw [Family Tree Maker] familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/r/o

Says Mr. Jack Calvin [Jack,nickname for John] and Agnes Calvin. She was b. 17 Sept 1898, d. 9 Nov 1968 Billings, MT. Son John C. Calvin b. 16 May 1915, d. 9 Nov 1968 Billings, MT. John C. Calvin's son Francis George Colvin b. 6 May 1938 "in pen".

Have only found John A. and Agnes in the 1930 census in Marshall Co., S.D., Dayton Twp.

What does "in pen" mean anyway?

Important Note: