CAHUMBOL-L Archives

Archiver > CAHUMBOL > 2003-11 > 1067827574

From: Don Tunison-Campbell <>
Subject: Re: [CAHumboldt] James Lafayette and Benjamin Carroll Coulter
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:46:14 -0800

Lana:

Benjamin Carroll COULTER: died 4 March 1918 at Blue Lake. Buried: Blue
Lake Ce metery. Born 8 July 1832 in Bledsoe County, Tenn. came to
California in 1850, to Humboldt County in 1860. Teacher & Miner. Widower
of Jane Coulter. daughter: Mrs. Edward Lewis (Humboldt Times newspaper,
Obit 5 March & article 6 March).

James Lafayette COULTER: died 29 March 1914 at Eureka. Buried: Ocean
View Cemetery. Age 85 years, born in Tenn. Came to Humboldt in 1854.
Rancher, Oldest IOOF member in California. Left a wife & step-daughters,
Mrs. G. N. Barnum, Mrs. Robert Holmes & Mrs. J. F. Devoy. Brother of
Benjamin Carrol , 2 other brothers & 2 sisters. (Humboldt Standard
newspaper, obit 30 March & Article 20 APril. Humboldt Times newspaper,
obit, 30 March).

The above came from Obituaries, Humboldt Count, California 1911-1920.
Compiled by Marilyn Keach Milota, Humboldt COunty Genealogical Society,
January, 2001. Page 87.

Let me know if you wish photocopies of this page.

Regards,

Don Tunison-Campbell
Eureka, Humboldt County

wrote:

>This is a Message Board Post that is gatewayed to this mailing list.
>
>Classification: Query
>
>Message Board URL:
>
>http://boards.ancestry.com/mbexec/msg/an/AW.2ADI/1209
>
>Message Board Post:
>
>Looking for information on a James Lafayette Coulter and brother Benjamin Carroll Coulter who moved to Eureka, Humboldt County, California from Missouri.
>
>James Lafayette Coulter b.abt November 1829 in Tennessee d. between 1910-1920 Humboldt County, California. Married Olive M. Underwood? b. abt 1832 Indiana. Looks like Olive brought a daughter into the marriage, her name was Josephine Mon? There may have been other children.
>
>Benjamin Carroll Coulter b. July 1832 Tennessee married Kate "Katy" Unknown b. abt 1844 Ireland. So far we have one daughter Mary A. b. abt 1871 California.
>
>Can anyone connect to these two brothers? Have information on siblings of these two and parents, but still looking for more information.
>
>Thanks, Lana

This thread: