BUNN-L Archives

Archiver > BUNN > 2007-07 > 1184024589

From: "" <>
Subject: Re: [BUNN] Bunn in Barnesville Ga.
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:43:15 -0000

Author: vcjfreeman
Surnames: Bunn
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.bunn/641.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

I don't know if I can help you much, but I do own the Coweta Co marriage book, so I was able to look up the first marriage you mention. It looks like Tanner's first wife was possibly a cousin.

"Coweta Co., Georgia Marriages, 1827 - 1979, Vol. I," pg. 23

Farmer Bunn m. Ella Bunn on July 30, 1897.

Yes, same surname. I had the same thing happen with my husband's GG Grandparents - in same county. I was so bummed cause I thought they had listed her surname wrong. When I told my Mother-in-law about it, it triggered her memory. She said they were cousins. Yes, it turns out there Dad's were brothers and they were 1st cousins.

Georgia Deaths, 1919-98
Name: T Farmer Bunn
Death Date: 16 Apr 1931
County of Death: Lamar