BUCK-L Archives

Archiver > BUCK > 2011-10 > 1320112945

From: ,
Subject: Re: [BUCK] my line is 1 William, 2 Emanuel, 3 Ezekiel, 4 Jonathan,5Joseph, 6David, 7 David Seeley, 8 Seralpha Couch,9 Seralpha Abel, 10 Almond T, 11 Frank
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2011 02:02:25 -0000

Author: Margaret Scheffler
Surnames:
Classification: queries

Message Board URL:

http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.buck/977.1003.1.1/mb.ashx

Message Board Post:

The previous message is misleading. Emmanuel/Enoch Buck (both names used in the Wethersfield records) married second Mary Arnold 17 Apr 1658 in Wethersfield, CT. He married 3rd Mary Kirby around 1667. I think TAG 44:168-72 explains this, but I don't have the article on hand to confirm this right now.

Enoch Buck was three times married -- first to Saray Ryley about 1648. After her death he married Mary Arnold 17 Apr 1758 in Wethersfield, Connecticut and third before 1667 Mary Kirby. In some records the two Marys were combined, but later study revealed two wives named Mary.

I find it so frustrating when the incorrect information is perpetuated. The bottom line is that we cannot trust all the information published in many genealogy books.

Important Note: