BRUNTON-L Archives

Archiver > BRUNTON > 2005-06 > 1119193786

Subject: Re: Andrew Brunton
Date: 19 Jun 2005 09:09:46 -0600

Classification: Query

Message Board URL:

http://boards.ancestry.co.uk/mbexec/msg/5538/iRG.2ACEB/8.1.1.1.2.1.1.1

Message Board Post:

If you send me your e-mail address I will send you my detailed info on the Bruntons this week, I have quite a lot.

My mother was Anne Brunton, b Colinsburgh 13/2/1936. Her father James William (b Falkland 25/10/1903). His father Christopher Campbell Brunton (b Kylemore, Galway, Ireland 7/7/1872). His father William David (b Markinch 15/9/1833). his father John (b Markinch 2/9/1804) and his father William (b Markinch 25/2/1770). John 2 brothers who lived to adulthood, William (b 25/7/1802) and Andrew (b 16/11/1806). Their mother was Jean or Jane Smart. So your Andrew would be the brother of my GGG grandfather! There were also 7 sisters and I have a bit of info on all of them too, as well as info going back to who I think is John and Andrew's GG grandparents in 1669. William and John both moved away from Markinch (elsewhere in Fife) in later life as did 4 of John's surviving sons, though at least my GG grandfather William David returned in the 1880's where he was a butcher and then a farmer. If your Andrew emigrated, it looks like the whole family left Markinch for some reason in the 1860!
's or so - I wonder why?

Also, don't suppose you have come across at your end John's son, also John who definately moved to Massachussets sometime before 1878, as in the papers relating to his father John's executry his address is given as Longwood, Chapel Station, Massachussets, USA. But I can't find any record that I can pinpont at him anywhere in the States, either in the 1880 census or of his death. If you have heard of him, I'd love to know.

This thread: