BRITISHHOMECHILDREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRITISHHOMECHILDREN > 2003-09 > 1063118018

From: "Gail Reinhart" <>
Subject: [bhc] Overseas League
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 08:33:38 -0600

I am searching for additional information on the children who arrived at
The Hostel, Norval, Ontario, that was run by Alex Maclaren for the
United Church of Canada. According to the book I recently read, The
Little Immigrants, there was reference to a organization called the
Overseas League that sent boys to the The Hostel at Norval in the early
30's. My father arrived there in 1932, after having been in a foster
home from the ages of 6 - 14 yrs.

If anyone knows anything about the Overseas League and if they were
connected to any other organization sending children to Canada, I would
really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Gail M. Reinhart, CHRP

Senior Consultant, Client Services

TheMIGroup

Relocation Solutions - Bridging Continents & Cultures

1120 64th Avenue NE

Calgary, AB T2E 7V8

* (403) 730-1616 X223

* Toll-Free 1-888-383-8073