BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2011-11 > 1320232571

From: "Merle Rummel" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Joel Wagoman line
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 07:16:11 -0400

Three brothers, Christian, William and John Wagemann were the earliest
known members of this family line. Various later spellings were Wagaman,
Wagoman, Wogoman, Wogomon, Wagamon.) William was born in PA about 1752,
John and Christian were born about 1760 - 1766. They are found in early
tax records in Somerset and Bedford Counties, PA. They resettled in
Montgomery County, Ohio, about 1805.

**************
I have a John Waggaman, son of William Wagamann II, at the Bullskin Church,
near Felicity, Clermont Co OH. He married Barbara Houser, daughter of
Elder Abraham Houser (mother: Nancy Rohrer) on 29 Mar 1802, in Jessamine Co
KY, but came up to the Bullskin in the migration, and followed families to
Monroe Co IN, died there 1852. (Barbara died 1859 in Bosworth MO.) They
had 13 children. (except for birth years, I have only married names for
the daughters - no information on the sons..)

I have an Ann Wogamen, who married Emanuel Hoover, certainly in the
Bullskin, Clermont Co OH. Emanuel lived (1791-1873) and was the son of
John Hoover and Elizabeth Rice. John Hoover came to Clermont Co in 1807,
from Maryland (probably the Antietam or Frederick Co). The Bullskin Church
was on the John Hoover farm. I have no informatin on this family. It is
likely that Ann was another who moved up from Jessamine Co KY.

I have a Suzannah Wagaman (1811-1904), daughter of John Wagaman and Barbara
Houser, who married Jacob Rohrer, son of Henry Rhorer and Magdalena Hoover.
She was born in Jessamine Co KY and died in Monrore Co IN, moved there
about 1833. They had 8 children.

These were in my research on the Stonelick Church (Clermont Co OH) and the
"Frontier Brethren" church on Jessamine Creek, between Wilmore and
Lexington KY (migration from the Antietam MD).

Merle C Rummel

This thread: