BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2011-09 > 1315636949

Subject: Re: [BRE] Nicely Family
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2011 02:42:29 -0400 (EDT)

Bill,

A shirttail cousin, Ronald Earl Nicely, of Latrobe, has researched this family extensively. He is married
to one of my Plummer cousins. I haven't corresponded with him since the summer of 2004, when I
purchased a copy of his book "The Indian Capture of Jacob (Kneisle) Nicely", which summarized his
work up to that date. Anthony A. Nicely b. 26 Jun 1827, Ligonier Twp., d. 11 Jan 1908, Ligonier Twp.,
bur. Ligonier Valley Cem., Ligonier, PA. is one of the lines he researched. The book includes a brief
outline of the family along with an aerial map of the original Nicely farm but you would want to speak
directly to Ron for the answers to your questions. In 2004, he was an active volunteer at the Ligonier
Valley Historical Society but I can try to locate him for you if it will help.

Also, we corresponded once about a Thomas family group in Fairfield County, Ohio. I would notice a
"Thomas" among the field of Germanic surnames in that area of Ohio. I've misplaced the reference
title and if I wait until I find it, you'll never get the information. What I read was the history of a Lutheran
Church located in Baltimore, Ohio, which is just north of Lancaster, the county seat of Fairfield County.
The repository would have been the public library in Lancaster so it will be easy to locate. Several
Thomases were mentioned. Is this a possibility?

no relation

Jan Thomas
Textile Historian
Colorado Springs