BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2011-08 > 1313207555

From: jeff <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Different Miller Families in Montgomery County, Ohio
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 20:52:35 -0700

On 8/12/2011 12:29 PM, Wayne Webb wrote:
> Roberta,
>
> Elder Jacob died in 1816. He is not buried on his farm. Unless of course
> he would have been buried on other than a farm he ONCE owned that did have a
> cemetery. The Southern History book has it wrong which said information was
> based on there having been one deed after his demise. They assumed, with
> connotations implied, that since that was the last land record for him that
> that was where he died.
>
> If, for whatever reason, I'm living with a friend and die owning land
> several miles away does that mean I will be buried there, several miles
> away? Or would I be buried in a cemetery on land I sold to that same
> friend? Easy question, easy answer! The tombstone photograph for Jacob
> Miller is, to be blunt, a staged photograph. But since it is in a book it
> must be the truth. Don't tell the old time historians I said that though.
>
> 'Tis sort of like the cabin and the 40 acres.
>
> Wayne Webb
Often there is no way to determine if you see a memorial or a grave
marker. e have members of th Famous Earp family buried in our local
cemeteries. The actual grave site on some are "lost" by buried markers,
so when they wanted to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the death of
the mother they made a new head stone and just placed it in the
cemetery, the odds of it being in the right place is nil. But at least
it is in the right cemetery.

Jeff

This thread: