BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2011-03 > 1299277770

From: "Debbie Freeman" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Why Mrs. Schmucker was not in Somerset County PA
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:29:30 -0800

Hello,

If you are researching a family of Wyoming Valley, PA you might also look at the three volume set called “Connecticut’s Pennsylvania Colony Vol 1-3” by Donna Bingham Munger. It is an index.

Debbie Freeman

Suzy wrote:

Yes, I had to Google it to see where the Wyoming Valley was located. I had never heard of it! It wasn't (isn't) close, but I bet it made the western settlers very nervous!

Thanks, Ron,

Ronald J. Pancner wrote":

On July 3, 1778 400 men left fort Jenkins to avenge the ambush of three members of the Harding family tending their fields. They ran into an army of Tories,
British Rangers and Senecas three times their number and were killed in what was known as the Wyoming Massacre. After that many surviving settlers left the
frontier and their property for safety. This took place in the Wyoming Valley of PA.

This thread: