BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2011-01 > 1295287136

From: "Dwayne Wrightsman" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] Cripe
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:58:56 -0500

A very readable book that includes the Cripe family, along with the families
Miller, Ulrich, Replogle, Shively, and Metzger, is that of Justin Replogle,
ANCESTORS ON THE FRONTIER, 1998, published by the author. Justin was an
English professor living in Wisconsin. His book is fun and very readable
because it was written in story or historical narrative form as compared to
most family genealogy books which have page after page of birth, marriage,
and death data. His book does not have a whole lot of Cripe genealogy, but
does have a whole lot of historical background about their circumstances
during the 1700s, 1800s, and 1900s. I don't know if or where the book can
be purchased, but perhaps someone else on the list knows.

Dwayne Wrightsman