BRETHREN-L Archives

Archiver > BRETHREN > 2011-01 > 1295013307

From: "Shuman, Lois A" <>
Subject: Re: [BRE] appropriate behavior and dress for visitors to an OldGerman Baptist Church
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 13:55:07 +0000

A small word of caution - I would not count on the women sitting on the left side of the meeting house at EVERY congregation. At my congregation (Beech Grove, Indiana), the women sit on the right side. It depends on several factors and can vary from one meeting house to another, often based nearest the baby room. I can think of about half where the women sit on the right side. (smile) For the meeting house you mentioned, I *think* I remember the women sitting on the left, but it's been a few years since I attended services at that congregation.

Lois Shuman, OGBB member